Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Peppersauce Area Hunting/Plinking

Happy Friday everyone! I'm going to be heading out to the Peppersauce area tomorrow 7/6 and wanted some info on the area. I was born and raised here in Tucson but have never been to the Peppersauce area.

Is it a good area to do any hunting or plinking out there? Was thinking about taking the .22 rifles and maybe a couple of handguns to do some plinking for the day with the family. Any info is greatly appreciated.

As for hunting that area gets lots of pressure during the hunting seasons from all the folks from tucson and phx. And all the way to peppersauce it is mostly private property until u get to the canyon campgrounds. Very beautiful area but expect to see lots of hunters in there during the deer seasons

couesdeerhntr - Thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot about the fire restrictions!

How is the predator hunting in that area? Any experience?

I just returned from a trip in the Tonto outside Phoenix. We went to plink but forgot the restrictions. BIG signs all over the place. We didn't shoot (nor would we with the restrictions) or see anyone out there, but a very low flying Sheriff help reinforced the "we are watching" mindset. It was clear they wanted to know what we were doing.