Sign in to follow this  
azpredator@work

34a - help!

Thanks for the suggestion. I spent a lot of time glassing 1.25 days on the way to greaterville. Glassed up a lot of does, but no bucks. That side of the unit seems to have a lot of "traffic" as it seemed like under every good shade tree was an old blanket, ripped up backpack or other litter left behind. Also found a wash with 2 gallon jugs of water, a loaf of bread and bologne. I marked that area as one not to return...

where was this?

Thanks for the suggestion. I spent a lot of time glassing 1.25 days on the way to greaterville. Glassed up a lot of does, but no bucks. That side of the unit seems to have a lot of "traffic" as it seemed like under every good shade tree was an old blanket, ripped up backpack or other litter left behind. Also found a wash with 2 gallon jugs of water, a loaf of bread and bologne. I marked that area as one not to return...

where was this?

sent you a pm where it was at....

I know this thread is a year old, but just reading it gets me all excited. I moved out here from Georgia last month and I will be moving back before Christmas so I plan to hunt the upcoming OTC Archery hunt in August. I am living in Tubac so 34A is my unit of choice. I have been scouting pretty hard and spend hours studying google earth, but this feels like a needle in a haystack. The country out here is so different than what I am used to back home. I have been focusing around Madera Canyon & check out the area around elephant Head this weekend. I would be extremely for any info and tips that you guys are willing to spare. Or even better, if anyone is interested in joining me for a scouting trip to help me learn what to look for when glassing and areas to focus on I will buy lunch and cold beers as a thank you.

-Herman

This brought back some good memories. Sent you a pm on an area on the east side of the unit i went into a couple months ago that is holding a lot of deer. I thought we were going to draw this tag again, but pulled 23 instead. Another mystery unit to learn!

Thanks Azpredator@work! He provided me with some great spots to head to that we realized are actually on the east side of 34A. But since I am currently living in Tubac I was wondering if there is anywhere on the west side worth checking out for the days that I don't want to make the drive all the way around the mountain. Does anyone have any experience with the Madera Canyon area? I have done a few hikes up that way with my girlfriend and seen a few does every time.