Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

NAP 360 troubles

Is anyone else using the NAP 360 and having tuning issues frequently? I can't seem to get "perfect" arrow flight off of mine. I've moved brushes and the launcher, and I've had my pro shop here in town check centershot several times since 2011 when I bought it and it hasn't moved from center at all. I shot a 3D shoot earlier this month with another guy who had one and he said he's had issues too- the arrows "waggle" during flight sometimes. I really don't think it's a torque problem or proper form issue, but I know better than to assume it's not me doing something wrong during the release...

Is anyone else using the NAP 360 and having tuning issues frequently? I can't seem to get "perfect" arrow flight off of mine. I've moved brushes and the launcher, and I've had my pro shop here in town check centershot several times since 2011 when I bought it and it hasn't moved from center at all. I shot a 3D shoot earlier this month with another guy who had one and he said he's had issues too- the arrows "waggle" during flight sometimes. I really don't think it's a torque problem or proper form issue, but I know better than to assume it's not me doing something wrong during the release...

check the clearance on the cables and fletching... I had issues the once and had to rotate the cable guard bar more.

James

• Like 1

will do. That's something I've never messed with because I'm not seeing marks on the fletching... but it's worth a shot!

Exact same feeling here on getting "perfect arrow flight". I shoot a 360 and am also having tuning issues with it. Like scooter said, arrow flight seems inconsistent, with porpoising and fishtailing. Issue seems to be fletching contact on the rest. Replaced my string before archery season and now I'm getting fletching contact on the 360. My arrows are sliding left through the rest, with the fletchings making contact in two spots. I even noticed that the launcher and brush wore down on the left side from the arrow sliding off. Currently working out some kinks, turns out my draw length was way too long (can't understand how that could be when I had it setup by a pro shop) and I was torquing the release because of this. Corrected the draw length, reset centershot, hitting spot on out to 60 yards now. Problem is, still have clearance issues, so I know in my mind that the arrow flight is still far from perfect. Bought a new brush kit today, gonna install that tomorrow and see if I can get things lined up better. Looks like my d-loop may need to be raised a bit higher, so hopefully that will cure these issues. If not, I think it's time for an upgrade from my Diamond Stud. Love the bow, but have a heck of a time getting everything just perfect.