Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Rattlesnake Vaccination

Thought I would give you guys a heads up who have dogs that might be around areas with rattlesnakes. I know it's a short notice. Vaccination Station Clinic will be giving several different shots today at the Ace Hardware Store in Gilbert. Baseline & Gilbert RD. My vet wanted me to pay an office call fee, a yearly exam fee, and the vaccine fee that totaled over $200 last year. I heard of this clinic going around and paid $25 last year and saved a bunch. They will be there between 10 and 1 today. They will only have a certain amount of supplies so get there early and get in line. I'm heading that way as soon as I sign off here.

Maybe I'll see you there. Better hurry and sorry for the late call.

TJ

Besure you follow theprocedure for how that vaccine is supposedly to work.

here is the FAQ page form the comapny that makes that vaccine http://www.redrockbiologics.com/rattlesnake_vaccine_faq.php

Good idea to have the dog snake trained too if you are spending much time in the field with the dog. Bite prevention is the 1st step.

Naturegirl, you are absolutely right about that. I had my lab done a year ago up in New River. I will be calling and making an appointment this next week for sure.

TJ

I need one of those vaccines! Since i was a kid i seem to always find the snakes at my feet, after minor strike at 15, guards have been on legs since and received multiple strikes since including 1st time i wore them. Good to hear everyone watching out for their best friends. :)