Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Memorial CrossFit Workout to Benefit Phoenix Children's Hospital

This upcoming Saturday (09/14/13) in the southeast valley we will once again be hosting our annual Easton's Legacy Toy Drive to benefit the children of Phoenix Children's Hospital. As a part of this toy drive we will be doing a memorial CrossFit workout for any in the community who would like participate and challenge themselves physically. To participate we ask for the donation of a new/unopened toy. All toys will be taken and given to children at the hospital the following week.

There will me a number of CrossFit coaches will be present to assist individuals of every skill and strength level through the planned workout. Everyone, from the most out of shape beginner who has never tried CrossFit to the most diehard CrossFit veteran, is welcome and will find this both challenging and rewarding. Additional details can be found on the flier below. Feel free to PM me any questions.

Thanks

post-6408-0-11599300-1378592650.jpg

I don't recall the exact order but it is a 20 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of:

200m run

13 pull ups

13 burpees

13 wall balls

Easton pased away at 13 months of age, hence the number 13.

There will be lots of elastic bands of various strengths for people (like me) who will need a little assistance on the pull ups.

For anyone not familiar with CrossFit, don't ever let one of the workouts intimidate you. The coaches are there to adjust the workouts to meet anyone's abilities or limitations. Also, the vasy majority of the people there will struggle through the workout. That is sort of the point. One of the best things about CrossFit is the support from fellow CrossFitters.

Come on out everyone and see what all the hype is about while helping to bring a smile to a sick child!

Thanks

I received a PM asking if the workout lasts the whole 3 hours. No it does not. The workouts run around a half an hour each. We plan to run a new session/heat every half hour so you can come for any of these sessions between 9:00 - noon.

Thanks