Sign in to follow this  
kingbeer

SPRING BEAR HUNT!!!

hey all. i wanted to get some information form you all and getting my tags for 2014 spring bear hunt!

this is my first hunt ever so i am not really sure if i am reading things right. i will be archery hunting and from the spring hunt book from azfg.org

Hunt Permit-tag obtained only through application and draw process as prescribed in R12-4-104 and R12-4-114. EXCEPT

for General Nonpermit or Archery-Only Nonpermit bear, a bear nonpermit-tag must be obtained from a license dealer

as prescribed in R12-4-114.

does this mean that for archery i do not have to go through the draw processes?

can someone shed some light on this for me?

thanks

Looks like for archery hunt numbers 8003-8009 you would need to draw the tag.

Then the hunts below those in the regs that says "archery only non-permit tag required" can be bought over the counter

ok so i see that the archery-only nonpermit tag is for mar 21-may1 but the draw is for dates may2-july31 you just have to go early!

and it looks like it is for female only? or is that just stating that you can only take one female but males are open? sorry for all the questions i am just trying to understand this so i dont get into trouble. also do you know where i would be able to purchase the tag?

thanks

Pretty sure you can shoot a boar or sow as long as the sow doesn't have any cubs in tow. You can purchase the over the counter tags from Walmart, Sportsmans or G&F. I am guessing Cabellas and bass pro probably sell them as well but I've never bought tags or licenses there

You can kill a boar or a sow with no cubs. What you are seeing is the sow limits for each unit. So if 20 tags are issued and a sow is harvested that unit will close the following wedensday. Even if the other tags have not been filled for the other permit holders.

You can kill a boar or a sow with no cubs. What you are seeing is the sow limits for each unit. So if 20 tags are issued and a sow is harvested that unit will close the following wedensday. Even if the other tags have not been filled for the other permit holders.

Yes you have to call the number given by G&FD to see if the unit has been closed and if the sow limit is met fish and game close the unit regardless of what tags are left. Most of the time Guys used dogs and close some units inthe first week!