I have been doing some scouting the last few weeks in 24. I have been seeing some pretty good bucks. cant wait for my hunt in December.

That's great. I have been out a few times in the burros, saw a couple decent bucks. Still trying to learn the area! Hope to get out this weekend.

Heck yah... You can see my vids on Youtube.. I will be honest.. I GOT BUSTED on the 2nd to last day of the early archery season by a 90 inch buck becasue I was turning on my camera... ARRRGHHH>...

new guy on here from Canada, I use to hunt in the south east corner of NM for quails haven't been down for 2 years low numbers, on your scouting has anybody seen any decent numbers, thanks in advance for any help.

Most of New Mexico has had fair to good summer rains. That, combined with some winter rain as well, has started our desert quail on the comeback road. Quail are still not abundant, but we are seeing broods and coveys in good habitat--much better than it has been for the last few years. Southeastern New Mexico has actually been about the wettest area of the state this year.

I agree with Mr. Brown. we need a few more years of this moisture to really bring numbers back

Hello All,

Looking to scout unit 24 for a Jan Coues bowhunt. My cousin and his buddy convinced me to get a leftover tag, but I've never hunted unit 24. Any advice on what part of the unit to at least focus on? Have no clue where to start except watering holes.

Thanks