Sign in to follow this  
macknnc

Javelina hunting...

Just got here yesterday, and in my very first post up in the Campfire forum, I mentioned a few things, among them a 'bucket list" in which I want to make a successful hunt for Coues...(I made on the 1970s but did not get a deer) but also on that list is Javi's. I live in North Carolina, and I hope I live long enough and come with necessary money and equipment to be able to take four 'stink pigs' One with 'modern' rifle, one with a flintlock, (I have Tennessse Valley .50 that would be perfect) one with bow, (also have that...a Herter bow I bought back in the 1960s..plus a Herter compound..I was and remain a big fan of Herter products, the original company, and even collect in a small way) and one with a handgun.

I was a big reader of Jack O'Connor in the 60s and 70s, and still have several of his books, and though he was not breathless about Javelinas, he did apparently respect them, good Arizona boy that he was, and I am looking forward to my chance at 'em, myself.

• Like 1

AGFD made it a little easier for you to realize your dream....you can now take two javelina a year instead of just one. So you could take one with a bow and one with a rifle during the same spring in different hunts.

There will be plenty of leftover javelina tags posted in a couple weeks...first come first serve. You should be able to take care of 2 off your list this coming Spring if things line up just right...