Sign in to follow this  
grungeisdead

Scouting 24a

Started my 24a scouting this weekend. Thanks to several board members who were generous enough to share some experience.

First time Coues hunting, and first time drawing anything out of 24a. So every bit of knowledge is welcome.

Currently off 60 and Hunting rd. Lots of sign but dang the scrub brush is thick out here. Spent the better part of the day trying to find a way to get some elevation and failed miserably. Short of a machete I think this particular canyon is a bust. Will be trying another nearby in the am.

Good luck to everyone else out there with your preseason legwork

Managed to make another weekend trip up there. Specifically the Timber Camp Mtn and Carol Spring Mtn areas. Seems to be some access issues with the FRs being closed off/private property. Would appreciate a PM if anyone is familiar with the access issues in this area. Thanks.

Started my 24a scouting this weekend. Thanks to several board members who were generous enough to share some experience.

First time Coues hunting, and first time drawing anything out of 24a. So every bit of knowledge is welcome.

Currently off 60 and Hunting rd. Lots of sign but dang the scrub brush is thick out here. Spent the better part of the day trying to find a way to get some elevation and failed miserably. Short of a machete I think this particular canyon is a bust. Will be trying another nearby in the am.

Good luck to everyone else out there with your preseason legwork

I've only been able to make it up once so far this year. I killed my first coues last year off the road you mentioned. If work allows it me and my brother will be heading up today to hunt the last day of his hunt. Works been a little crazy and we haven't made it out for his tag yet. I have the November 29th tag as well and I am planning on being there to look around every weekend from now until the hunt.

I have the nov 29th hunt also. Heading up this friday to take inventory of whats left after the first 2 hunts.

Nice. I'll be doing the same. Will be sure to pass along anything good. Especially for another 49er fan. :)

• Like 1