capoeirajosh

Lost buck in 6A = (

Fortunately, I got a shot on a good looking buck this rifle season. Unfortunately, I was not able to recover him. Weird, because he dropped like a sack of potatoes when I shot him. Once, I got over there, he was gone. No blood trail either. We looked for 2 days and couldn't find him. I know by now the meat is probably bad, but if anyone has found him, I would still like the antlers. If you found one in 6A, please let me know. I was around the stoneman lake area.

dang I hope you find him. I hate that feeling of knowing you made contact and then seeing nothing.

• Like 1

Thanks man. Yeah, it really sucks. I haven't seen or heard any coyotes or crows like they were on something either.

/>Probably hit him in the horns and knocked him out. When he came to... Vamanos!

Ya know, that is what my buddy suggested. Definitely, a possibility.

Most likely you hit him high (shocked his spine). Classic "dropped like a sack of potatoes", then when you got over there he was gone. It sucks. I've seen it more than I'd like to remember. But you'll know now that when they drop like that to continue and watch them or put another bullet in them. The good news is there's a strong possibility he'll live.

• Like 2