I don't hunt dove all that often but I went out Sunday evening and sat a little water hole where they just kept flying in and I got my limit in about 45 minutes. Well I went again this morning but sat in a field where they fly over head from cover to a nice big field and usually do wel but didn't have any luck at all. Although the other two hunters got to the spot earlier than me forcing me about 200 yards from my spot. No big deal its public land still had fun. My question is do you hunt dove the same at night as morning? Would it beneficial to sit in my usual spot where they fly in, in the morning or do dove typically go water at night?

It depends on the flight pattern. Some of my spots are great in the morning & evening, but others are only good in the evening. You will have to spend some time in the field to determin what spots work best at certin times. It also depends if you are hunting a roosting or watering area.

Adam

In the late season, dusk/dawn periods near water are your best bet. The pond where I was duck hunting the other day and 5 minutes before legal had over 100 doves come drink and leave before legal. They only went about 50 yards from the trees down to the water then right back up into the trees and brush around the pond. It was awesome... I wasn't hunting them, but if I had been it would have been a 3 shot limit they were stacked so tight!