COOSEFAN

2b Muley hunt pics

I just got back from an incredible hunt in NM. We didn't kill a buck but saw a ton of them! We had found a couple great bucks before opening day and never could relocate them during the hunt. It would snow off and on and never enough to really push the BIG bucks down. Everyone was shooting the smaller bucks that had moved down and we were seeing some nice ones every day but the rut hadn't kicked in enough to help us out with the BIG bucks. The bigger bucks would act rutty, tearing trees apart and had swollen necks but would never hang with the does, just the smaller bucks would. I know I would have shot any of the big bucks we had and we could locate these same bucks almost every day, but my hunter was there mainly to be with his son, enjoy the hunt and hold out for a special buck, but that would have been just icing on the cake for him! It was great to see someone with that much admiration for his family and the outdoors and wasn't out there to just kill a deer, although......I really wanted a deer to hit the ground, more than you know! I was so stressed out trying to relocate our shooter bucks I never took too many pictures or video, but these are a couple of the bucks that would show up most days and get us excited. I hand held the camera and took the pic's through the 15's, so they aren't great. I also found and left another great bull elk skull but it's on video, when I get my video camera back that actually snaps pic's off the video, I'll post them for ya. Thanks, JIM>

2bbuckpass9.jpg

2bbuckpass8.jpg

2bbuckpass6.jpg

2bbuckpass2.jpg

2bbuckpass3.jpg

2bbuckpass5.jpg

cwt.jpg

Nice!

I have been putting in for that unit too, but no luck yet. Was this the last hunt in 2B or the 2nd to last hunt? I think they have 2 hunts in November.

Side note: I saw a nice buck, similar to the ones in your pics, in unit 9 (AZ) last week and he was rutting like a college boy on spring break.

Nice!

I have been putting in for that unit too, but no luck yet. Was this the last hunt in 2B or the 2nd to last hunt? I think they have 2 hunts in November.

Side note: I saw a nice buck, similar to the ones in your pics, in unit 9 (AZ) last week and he was rutting like a college boy on spring break.

Hey DesertBull, This was the last hunt. I was there during the 2nd to last hunt also and they actually killed bigger bucks during the earlier hunt! The snows helped the earlier hunt out more than it did for us I believe. There were actually deer moving back into Colorado with the melting snow and then get pushed back, just not enough. There are a TON of deer in this unit though, I hope to draw it someday as well!

I saw a couple nice ones when scouting 9 a while back also...They were actually where you found your GPS!

The Muleys in 9 can be a needle in a hay stack for sure though, but there are some good ones! Thanks, JIM>

"

They were actually where you found your GPS!"

We probably saw the same one.

Sounds like a successful hunt to me.

Great pictures & NICE BUCKS! Those are all shooters to me. :D Bret

Thanks Bret,......and thanks for staying on the phone for so long last night while I was driving back, it kept me awake ;) JIM>

Hey Jim,

It sounds like you guys had a great hunt. My hunt went pretty much like yours. I probably saw close to 200 deer with quite a few small bucks. I glassed me up a really big buck the last day but couldn't close the gap and get close enough for a shot. Anyway, it was a great hunt and I hope to get lucky enough to draw again some day. I'm glad you guys had a good hunt too.

Travis

Congrats on a great hunt with good people. Good luck on the upcoming elk hunt with those guys. :) Manny

Did you guys see any good bulls? I have had a couple people tell that the late elk hunt there is under rated.

Hey DB, I found two 340+ bull skulls, saw 5 bulls total during the hunt, and very little sign. They are there but would probably be hard to hunt with the lack of elk. Two of the live bulls were 340+ as well and one was probably over 350, very nice and heavy. Matter of fact, when I glassed up the biggest bull, I had first glassed up a nice 3X3 mulie and noticed the tan background behind him moved! They were feeding together and no more than 20 yrds apart in a small clearing. My hunter got a big kick outta seeing that! It would be a tough hunt but nice bulls there, I think it's easy to draw also. JIM.

I think that late hunt is not until December. Should be enough snow by then to bring some more elk into the unit. It is an easy draw.