Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Bear pic

I was helping a guy out on a rifle elk hunt this weekend in 5bn and thought I would take him to a canyon where I had seen a 310-320 bull last Sunday. I had also seen alot of digging and good bear sign in the canyon. While I was glassing for the bull this guy start heading down the canyon. I managed to get him on video and then took the picture off the video. He actually crossed the canyon and started coming up the side we were on. I got a little ahead of myself and passed the ravine he was coming up, but the other guy got a look at him before he turned tail. I did manage to find that bull later in the day, but it was to thick for a clean shot. I also saw about twenty pigs today at 6600 feet and some fat coyotes. David

IMGA0009.jpg

Guest Ernesto C

Nice David very nice, now you know where to go for elk,pigs,coyotes and bear now. You should organize a coyote hunt. How big was that bear? is he a shooter?

He was a shooter for sure. I would think he was over 300 pounds. I took this video from 130 yards through my camera. I checked the bear hotline before I left and a sow had already been shot. David