Edge

New SCI Buck Actually Shot Nearly Half Century Ago

3 hours ago, mattnduke said:

Hey Edge, was showing a friend of mine this deer online, and came across this post. Did you grow up in Monticello? My dad (Gary Martin) grew up with Max and Charlene, we hunted sheep with Keele a few times in Alaska. They’re great people. Went to Max’s ranch a bunch growing up when we would visit family in Utah. 

My ranch bordered Max on the south. I leased the land from our property boundary up to the well near his driveway.

Learned that Max has recently passed.

3 hours ago, Edge said:

My ranch bordered Max on the south. I leased the land from our property boundary up to the well near his driveway.

Learned that Max has recently passed.

Small world. Beautiful country out by your ranches. When my dad was still able to hunt about 10 years ago, we went back to Blue Mountain and hunted. My dad was blown away with how much the mule deer numbers were down. I passed on a few spike/forks and had a heck of a time getting away from people. I was thinking about giving it a whirl next year and hunting with Sean Vogel and Spring Creek Muleys on private land. Or giving ol Blue Mountain a whirl for old times sake. My dad grew up at the base of it and they lived off of those mule deer in the mid 40s. 

12 or 13 years ago, Eastland got nearly 6' of snow early in the winter. Killed off a lot of the deer population.

Yup, Spring Creek has a lot of the private lands locked up. I understand they charge top dollar

• Like 1