Antmo23

Goodbye Packframe, Hello ICON 1850!

After holding out for a while and seeing how a buddy's pack held up through a season of use, I broke down and bought an 1850 a couple of weeks ago. Took it out last weekend and shot a pig on it's maiden voyage. After using it for a couple of days I'm really liking it. Only issue I had was my camelbak bladder tube was squeaking against the nylon on the tube port. I put a neoprene tube cover on my hose and it alleviated the squeak. It carried my gear and my quartered out pig very well. I dropped about 4-5 lbs off my previous daypack setup depending on which bag I was using.

2014%2520Javelina%2520Hunt%2520031.JPG

2014%2520Javelina%2520Hunt%2520038.JPG

Looks like a great pack. It is on the small side, I can't see using it on a multi-day trip especially if you haul a bunch of optics around. I love the pack shelf concept and will never have a pack that does not have that ability.

Looks like a great pack. It is on the small side, I can't see using it on a multi-day trip especially if you haul a bunch of optics around. I love the pack shelf concept and will never have a pack that does not have that ability.

Once you have the frame and suspension, you can buy just a bag in the larger sizes, 5200 and 7200, and change out the bag for whatever you're getting into.

• Like 1