Sign in to follow this  
rclouse79

Anybody heard of mefoto tripods?

So I was poking around for a tripod that would fold down smaller than my current one, which is 24 inches long at its smallest, but was still sturdy for backpacking trips. I stumbled across a tripod called the mefoto roadtrip. It folds down to about 15 inches, goes up to a max height of 61 inches, is rated with a 17.6 load capacity, and weighs 3.6 lbs with the head included for $189. Another cool feature is one of the legs screws off and can be attached to the center column to make a monopod. I read through a bunch of reviews and couldn’t really find much that was negative on amazon ((75) 5-star, (23) 4-star, (3) 3-star, (0) 2-star, (0) 1-star) but I couldn’t find anything specifically from hunters. I think it is a fairly new product. I found I don’t really glass much standing up, so I don’t care much about the max height. All of the other specs for this tripod look great. Does anybody have any experience with them?

Here is a little youtube review of them. I must admit that I didn’t mind watching the presenter tell me about the tripod.

Sweet looking little tripod. I've also been looking for something smaller and lighter (I have a full size vanguard alta pro that I use. Super solid, but big and heavy) and I found this from slik. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1014333-REG/slik_613_337_pro_340dx_tripod_legs.html folds down to 16" which is 8" shorter than mine and it's like 1.8lb lighter than mine.

At only $90 I may have to give it a shot. Also, if you check camofire often, they have a Vanguard carbon fiber tripod with pan head for under $200

Sweet looking little tripod. I've also been looking for something smaller and lighter (I have a full size vanguard alta pro that I use. Super solid, but big and heavy) and I found this from slik. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1014333-REG/slik_613_337_pro_340dx_tripod_legs.html folds down to 16" which is 8" shorter than mine and it's like 1.8lb lighter than mine.

At only $90 I may have to give it a shot. Also, if you check camofire often, they have a Vanguard carbon fiber tripod with pan head for under $200

The main advantage of the roadtrip over the slik tripod you posted is its maximum payload rating it almost double. Considering I might end up shooting off of it that is important to me.

Well, I just pulled the trigger. Dang, amazon makes it way to easy to buy things! I will do a little reveiw when I get it .

• Like 2

/>The main advantage of the roadtrip over the slik tripod you posted is its maximum payload rating it almost double. Considering I might end up shooting off of it that is important to me.

Nice, I only have 10x right now, so that's what I was planning on using for. Looking forward to your review on the new legs!