Sign in to follow this  
4mainbeam

Slik or promaster or outdoorsmans

I have the 325t. Love it and have shot from it as well.

I have the Promaster C429W. The legs are 3 lbs and I have the 701HDV manfrotto head (which has internal fluid cartridges). Mine is a little heavy BUT I have had the lighter ones and you can not get a good shot off unless you are shooting within 400 yards. The 429 I can set it up and SIT DOWN to shoot out to 800 yards steady!!! I can stand and get out to 400 yards STEADY. I had another lighter slik tripod that i enjoyed but even glassing from it in wind was a pain. Thats why I went with the C429W because when all your friends are complaining that it is too windy to see you have a clear view. Heck I even glass 40% of the time standing and it is steady as can be. You WILL NOT be disappointed if you got the C429W model with a Manfrotto 701HDV head. Combined it is a flawless tripod.

Tripod

http://www.promaster.com/products.asp?product=4834

Head

http://www.manfrotto.com/pro-fluid-video-mini-head

I have an Outdoorsman tall that has 3 legs. I absolutely love this tripod. I'm hard on equipment and it has stood up well to my use. I've had it at least 2 years and have used it too many times to count and in all conditions from rain, snow, dirt, etc.

I personally like the tall because I don't always glass sitting and with this one I can easily sit, kneel, or stand. I pack it pretty much everywhere. it is just a part of my day pack. I'm sure there is something a little lighter out there, but I, like you, questioned the durability.

Outdoorsman will let you try out their equipment at their store before you buy it.

Whichever way you go, I strongly recommend going with a 3 leg model tripod. ;)

• Like 1