Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

bino comparison

Anybody know anything about the vortex vulture hd 15x56 vs the vortex Kaibab hd 15x56? The vultures are a lot less money than the

kaibabs. Are the vultures inferior to the Kaibabs? I have read the specs on both binos and there are some diffrences. For the price of the vultures they seem like a good deal, or are they crappy? I want to buy new binos, and get the most for my money. As far as clarity are the kaibabs that much better?

I will let you know when I get mine. Rep from Vortex said they should be here at the end of the month. Going to take them out and compare them to a few different styles when they get here.

Guest wdenike

Erik,

Good glass is going to be expensive. :o What you are going to have to decide is are ya going to want to get into the splitting hairs game. Or do ya just want dam efficient glass that you are not behind the eight ball regardless of who you glass with. I have looked through the 10x56 vultures and was pretty impressed. But the 15x56's are new and haven't looked through them yet. But I am sure at first and last light you are going to see a difference between them and the kiababs. AS you will see a difference in the GREEN JEWELS and the other top of the food chain ( money wise ) binos and the Kiababs. What I have found is when you get into the higher end mid priced glass you are giving up about 7-12 minutes morning and evening in comparison to the big buck boys. I have the Kiababs my son in law has the GREEN JEWELS so this is from real world experience. Now I also will say I have glassed game with horns, and had the person with the rifle not be able to distinguish horns. Now is the answer to this problem to have a rifle scope that costs 1200-3000 dollars??? Or would it be smart to just admit it was probably not legal shooting time??? Only you can answer that. Just trying to tell ya there is a lot of options that get the job done. But although they do get better and better. I just have a hard time paying that much for that little. Could I??? I will just say I always ended up with other things involved in our sport that were more money but justifiable. Now If I had a money tree out back, well maybe. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Take care, Willie

Willie,

Thanks for the input & advice I appreciate it. I just want to get the best bang for my hard earned cash & want to be sure I am making a solid purchase I won't regret later. I figured there was a trade off with the price difference on both binos. Sometimes you can get lucky though & not spend an arm & leg, but

not very often, & you usually get what you paid for.

I am sure I will cry the swaro blues once I get my vultures but I don't have the cash to spend on them right now. I figure these will get me by for a while and when my son turns ten this will be a perfect pair to hand down with the good warranty. I find what I need with Nikon 10X42's right now so this will be a big step up for me. In a few years maybe I can step up to the next level but for $400 they will do.