Sign in to follow this  
Drummond Lindsey

Great deal on Bushnell Trophy Cam HD on Amazon right now. 6 hours left

I hate the two HD MAX cameras I have. I love the regular HD model, the HD MAX model is crappy. Structurally the difference between the two is that the IR lights on the MAX are covered with a black lens making them not as visible when it takes a picture at nighttime, therefore for security/surveillance purposes it is a good feature so that a thief/person doesn't see the IR red flash. But for field use the Max is unwarranted. The MAX takes poorer quality pictures and is a lot bigger and heavier then the regular 8mp HD. Also the MAX required 12 batteries, while the regular HD only requires 8. I usually buy the regular HD model for $100-120. Trust me I have 12 Bushnell Cameras, and the MAX is my least favorite, I'd trade my MAX in any day for the regular HD. Just my two cents. Good luck.

• SEE BELOW, the difference in dimension, weight and in the amount of batteries. All of this just so animals don't see you IR light??? If your using it for security then maybe I see the justification.
  • Bushnell Trophy Cam 8mp HD MAX
  • Product Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 12 inches ; 1.2 pounds
  • Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
  • Item model number: 119577C
  • Batteries 12 AA batteries required.
  • Bushnell Trophy Cam 8mp HD
  • Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 9.8 x 2.6 inches ; 7.2 ounces
  • Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces
  • Item model number: 119447C
  • Batteries 8 AA batteries required.

ill stick with the coverts....

Coverts are a good deal and take good pictures, but the quality of the HD Bushnell is better due to the 8mp camera. The activation speed and battery life are also better, and I usually pay the same of what you would for a Covert. If your interested in taking videos with a trail camera the Bushnell Trophy Cam 8mp HD is the way to go. If you just want good pictures the Covert does a good job. I've owned almost every camera on the market, I really like Bushnell thats why I have 12!

ill stick with the coverts....

Coverts are a good deal and take good pictures, but the quality of the HD Bushnell is better due to the 8mp camera. The activation speed and battery life are also better, and I usually pay the same of what you would for a Covert. If your interested in taking videos with a trail camera the Bushnell Trophy Cam 8mp HD is the way to go. If you just want good pictures the Covert does a good job. I've owned almost every camera on the market, I really like Bushnell thats why I have 12!

my Covert Mp6s have settings, so I can change it from 3mp to 5mp to 8mp, I can also load it up with 8 fresh AA batteries and it will last me just about a year, if you check out the threads I started in the tab 'trail cameras' called Covert Mp6 Photos and Cool Javelina Photos, you will see the high quality of photos I get.