Sign in to follow this  
Mthomas

Draw Question?

I thought it went in like rounds. Bonus point, 1st and 2nd choice, and then the rest. So if they do all at the same time why are cards being ran up to a week after it all starts. If it was 100% done at the same time wouldn't all the cards be hit all at once?

The draw is continuous, from Bonus Pass, to 1-2 Pass, to 3-5. When the draw is complete they process cards, then backfill for bounced apps. Cards take a while because they can only process so many cards per minute.

Yes it is. Last year I knew a guy with 1 bonus point that had drawn an early bull tag. I had put in for the same hunt choices and had 7 bonus points and didn't draw being a resident.

The 1-2 pass is a point weighted random draw if that makes sense. Someone with zero points could draw before a guy with 20 in that pass.

Wapiti. Not with non residents ^. Most hunts for non residents the cap is met in the bonus point round. So I'm trying to figure out how this could happen.

Livetohunt. I agree with your example for residents. Just not non res.

Wapiti. Not with non residents ^. Most hunts for non residents the cap is met in the bonus point round. So I'm trying to figure out how this could happen. Livetohunt. I agree with your example for residents. Just not non res.

Not necessarily. If the bonus pass has mostly residents drawing then non residents can get tags in the 1-2 pass. Just depends on who gets the tags in the bonus pass. A non resident can get a tag in any pass as long as the non res cap isn't filled.

The draw doesn't change for non residents, they just pass you up and draw a new name when the cap is met.

• Like 1

I thought it went in like rounds. Bonus point, 1st and 2nd choice, and then the rest. So if they do all at the same time why are cards being ran up to a week after it all starts. If it was 100% done at the same time wouldn't all the cards be hit all at once?

The draw is continuous, from Bonus Pass, to 1-2 Pass, to 3-5. When the draw is complete they process cards, then backfill for bounced apps. Cards take a while because they can only process so many cards per minute.

so... we should not expect to see any more cc's hit going forward now? or is there still hope? :unsure: