Tommy, I hope you haven't forgot that you live in southern NM and deer season is still almost 2 weeks away? Surely its gonna melt before then! :P

Where is your tag this year? If its the Burros again don't bother answering!

Kevin

Kevin,

I hunt pretty high so i'm sure the snow will still be around. ;)

There was still snow up in my area in Unit 24 that had snow from the last front that came thru.

I wish I had a BM tag, but I guess I can't draw it every year hehe :blink:

There was still a few spots with snow on the ridge road in the Burros last weekend. The family and I drove up and cut a tree. How much snow have you guys had this time?

Good luck on your hunt!

Kevin

Kevin..

We had about 2 inches in town... It rained hard yesterday in town and snowed on the mountain... So I bet there is 5-6 inches up on top... there was still snow from three weeks ago.

I feel the need for a little cruise... Hopefully, I can sneak out in the morning...

Jason

I guarentee there will still be snow around my tree stand!!! I set up a Trail cam last Saturday, I was planning on leaving it there for two week, i'm thinking since it snowed i'll go pick it up and set another cam in the same tree. Providing there are pix in the original cam.

I'm going to start another thread giving the play by play of my hunt. Hopefully I can post something exciting. ;)

We're supposed to get hit again with snow this weekend. Man I hope my trail cam has something decent, time will tell. :ph34r:

Amanda can I post a pic directly from my C drive or do i have to have it saved in Photobucket first?

You should be able to post it either way. If you do it from your harddrive, you use the attachment area in the bottom right of the post. If you have the photo on the internet somewhere else (like Photobucket), then use the Insert Image button which is in the upper part of the posting area. The button looks like a picture and is just the right of the smiley face and to the left of the button with the plus sign on it.

Amanda

Tommy,

With as cold as it is staying, I am sure the snow will stick around as well. More coming on Saturday too. Good luck to you, looking forward to your story and pics!

Later,

Jeff

Jeff,

Thats the wisest thing I've heard in a long time! Since you Grant county boys cleaned house on the Burro WT tags this year and 90% of them will be fighting over the same saddle on the "Big Three" I believe you've got the right idea! I do know two Coues tag holders that have the same idea though.

Good luck on your hunt.

Kevin

PS: I grew up in Silver and hunted the Burros my entire life until the closure. The "Big Three" ain't what they are cracked up to be in my opinion. ;)

I was in northern unit 23 yesterday and drove about 6 miles in 2-4 inches of snow. Saw lots of tracks, deer, elk and turkey in the fresh snow. Most of the snow was melting on the south facing slopes but I think the north slope snow is there for the duration. Jeff and Tommy good luck and keep us posted.

Jeff,

I've rattled mule deer in in the past and will try next week in AZ for Coues. The horns I've used for muleys are pretty big and make a lot of racket. I'm thinking they may be to loud for Coues. Do you use sheds or a commercial product? If you use sheds, are they coues sheds or muley sheds and how big are they? Also, do you use similar durations etc. for coues?

Kevin