Sign in to follow this  
AzBuckCHaser1

age for hunting

10 with hunter saftey class passed or 14 with out it. They can be nine to put in but must have class and right age by the time the tag is issued i think. I may be wrong on this last part about putting in early.

You can apply for tags at any age, and the G&F will take your money as far as I know?? However they must turn 10 before they finish the hunters safety class. And they must carry the card with them while hunting until they are 14 to prove they have the class. Going through that right now for the second time. My 9y/o has both a javalina and turkey tag. She turns 10 on Feb 4th, so I had to put her in for the general season, and find a class that finishes after that date. I had to do the same thing with my oldest, couple of years ago. She drew an archery javy tag, and was not able to hunt unitl she had the card in her hands. They would not give her the card after she finished the field day, even though she passed the final test on the 8th I think it was. If I remember correctly they had to mail the card. I think the first day I was able to get her out was about 4 days after that. That year was quite frusterating. This time around I was able to plan it better.

Good luck with the kids. Its a blast having them along.