CouesSlayer

Not a Coues, But Cool!

Well my first time hunting with a bow was awesome! I didn't draw the 27 Coues tag so I got 24 Mulie. We didn't get to go Monday because we were all working on my brother's roof (MAN IT WAS FREEZING!). Tuesday morning it was snowing and conditions looked pretty good for a rutfest. We spotted a big heavy old forky with eyeguards and we tried to put a sneak on him but it was there wasn't enough cover and there was no way I could get within 40 yards. We backed out and spotted some more deer quickly, it was a nice 140-145 with a kicker on his right side, but his does busted me when he was thirty yards away with a bush in the way. After lunch my dad glassed up a buck about 1000 yards off bedded fifty yards below where we just were. We got to where we thought we were even with him and crept up on him to where he was bedded(about twenty yards). His head was flat on the ground! My brother used the Primos Can to get him to stand up, but as soon as he did he spotted me with my Swithback drawn, and the stare down began! Finally after a minute and a half or so he turned and gave me a shot. I heard that beautifal "WHACK" bowhunters always talk about and he piled up after about a sixty yard sprint. I can't get the picture up yet but I will! For now I'll just say he's a seven point with like an eighteen inch spread hahaha He's not my biggest but I'm thrilled to have experienced this hunt!

Thanks J-Rod!!! Well the top three are just pictures of me with my deer, that canyon that is behind me was full of rutting deer! The bottom picture is a picture of a buck my brother tried to get on, we were right there, but then my brother in law sneezed and scared em'! It was taken right through my digital camera at two hundred yards or so. You can't see, but he has nine points on one side and seven on the other. He has really deep forks and mass but he's only twenty two inches wide more or less. He still would kick the tail out of my deer! hahaha! We are going out Saturday morning to take another whack at him