Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

swarovski DCB-A

If you talk to the guys at Swarovski they will tell you stay away from it......its bulky and heavy......not friendly for hauling up and down the hill hunting coues.

Hopefully younghunter will chime in here.....he has one. He also from what I remember packs 2 (yes two) tripods......he is young and full of piss and vinegar. And probably in some great health

Personally I think that it is great. It is a little bulky but not heavy at all. The DCB in my opinion is better than the DCA because you can keep the camera on flip the base up and look through the spotting scope. With the DCA you have to unscrew the eyepiece and screw in the attatchment. In all reality the DCB and DCA will take the same quality of pictures and weigh almost the same. Like coues7 said it is bulky and you will need to look hard for a case for it but it is worth it.

Personally I think that it is great. It is a little bulky but not heavy at all. The DCB in my opinion is better than the DCA because you can keep the camera on flip the base up and look through the spotting scope. With the DCA you have to unscrew the eyepiece and screw in the attatchment. In all reality the DCB and DCA will take the same quality of pictures and weigh almost the same. Like coues7 said it is bulky and you will need to look hard for a case for it but it is worth it.

How quick is the set up when you get into the field?

Mike

I leave the DCB on my spotter at all times. But to get the camera on the attatchment and focus for the picture it only takes a few seconds. THe only thing I noticed about taking pictures with it is that you need to use the self timer so the pictures do not come out blurry from the vibrations.

I leave the DCB on my spotter at all times. But to get the camera on the attatchment and focus for the picture it only takes a few seconds. THe only thing I noticed about taking pictures with it is that you need to use the self timer so the pictures do not come out blurry from the vibrations.

I have a swarovski fitted case for my scope so I would not be able to leave it on.

my camera is a 6.1 MP with about 20 sec timer, dont see any way to adjust the timer, does that seem to long of a delay?

thanks for your time,

Mike

The first picture is of it when it is in its "glassing mode" and the second picture is of it in its "picture taking mode". I am not sure if you will be able to use this adapter with a fitted case on it if it is the case I am thinking of. If you do have to take it on and off be careful because you would still need to take the eyepiece on and off. As for the timer mine is set for 10 seconds and that is fine and I am sure that 20 seconds is fine just make sure the animal isnt moving fast. I will post some uncropped pictures of some deer a little later once I find them on my computer for you to see!

100_0204.jpg

100_0205.jpg

Here are some uncropped pictures

Here is a picture from 800 yards or so (posted before but cropped)

PA070032.jpg

Same buck only 600 yards this time

PA070036.jpg

Bedded buck 1200 yards or so (posted before but cropped)

P1030102.jpg

This picture is from 900 or so yards (posted before but cropped)

PC180025.jpg

Small buck but picture is from 500 to 600 yards

PC280056.jpg

Javelina at 500 yards

PC280052.jpg

Also if you do get the DCB one thing that I have learned is turn off the flash before each picture. It helps greatly.

Yeah then I would highly recomend this attatchment for you. If you can I would recomend getting a case that you can carry your spotting scope with the DCB on it at all times. Because for me once I got the DCB perfect it has made a big difference. Just make sure that the DCB is level when you put it on.

Yeah then I would highly recomend this attatchment for you. If you can I would recomend getting a case that you can carry your spotting scope with the DCB on it at all times. Because for me once I got the DCB perfect it has made a big difference. Just make sure that the DCB is level when you put it on.

I really thank you for your input.

Mike