MULEPACKHUNTER

Unit 3C camping ?

Sir, this is the first time I've ever heard of donkeys being solitary beasts, I normally see them in herds. In fact I had a herd come thru my front yard last night, destroying the landscaping. And donkeys have been domesticated just as long if not longer than horses. They are the animal most frequently referred to in the bible. But horses and donkeys are always just one broken halter away from being feral.

Consider this; the mule inherits the donkeys foot structure which walks on the 2nd phalanx as opposed to the horse which walks on the middle finger. So the cannon, short and long pasterns are all shorter than the horses, cutting down on their speed. Also donkeys have a straighter shoulder giving them a jump advantage over the horse but again, making for a slower, choppy gait.

In short, mules and donkeys fight because they can't outrun apex predators. But you get a scared or wild horse in a corner, it fights well.

Oh, and mules have one less chromosome than a horse, and one more than a donkey, giving them 13 which don't divide too well.

Ya, solitary probably isn't the best adjective to use and I definately wasn't trying to one up ya. Thanks for for the info :-)

You're a gentleman, KKay and humble me. Hope you're willing to show me and maybe that MulePackHunter guy around the Gila Valley when it cools off. My hats off to anyone whom can work with mules, takes a special breed.

Absolutely, I'm always up for showing off some of this great country.

What a great weekend, dinner at the cabin and lots of trail miles. Wind was somewhat nerve racking but not terrible. Very very dry but plenty of water to be found for the animals.

Saw more Cattle and wild horses then anything.

I fed old Edge top ramen noodles with roasted crickets each night as a special treat.

post-10379-0-25685100-1403135935_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-64443700-1403135937_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-95335500-1403135939_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-61903400-1403135942_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-03713300-1403135948_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-19550000-1403135951_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Was a great weekend, Mike. Thanks for opening up your home to me and transporting my 3/4 ton painted lady up the hill.

The food and company was exquisite, already feels like family. The trails were awesome, anxious for a backwoods grill and dutch oven cook offs in some historic AZ sticks.

I think we are going to get a deer tag this year for sure and the pack trip is on, I have 5 different apps on my card so if I cant get someone drawn this year I give up.

You are more than welcome on all accounts, good company is hard to come by these days it seems.