Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Summer Scouting Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep I

Summer in Arizona means hot temperatures and rutting Desert Bighorn.  It is amazing to see these sheep running around in extreme heat like it doesn't even phase them.  We have been doing quite a bit of scouting for these awesome animals during May and June and the anticipation for the rutting season is increasing with each day.  Rams seem to come out of the woodwork this time of year.  Colburn and Scott Outfitters guide, Darr Colburn, has been capturing some great video and photos of some of these rams.  We are excited for the upcoming sheep season this fall!  Make sure to get your name in the hat for the Arizona Super Big Game Raffle Desert Sheep permit because the drawing is coming soon.  Check out the sweet video footage below captured by Darr Colburn in June 2014 of some rams butting heads as they prepare for the rut.
1+Arizona+Desert+Bighorn+Sheep+Hunt+Photos+with+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+Darr+Colburn+and+Jay+Scott+8.JPG
June 2014 Photo by Colburn and Scott Outfitters guide, Darr Colburn

Arizona+Super+Big+Game+Raffle+Desert+Bighorn+Sheep+Hunt++Photo+with+AZ+Desert+Sheep+Outfitters+and+Guides+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters.JPG
In 2013, Claude Warren purchased one ticket in the raffle and his name was drawn!  He hired Colburn and Scott Outfitters and harvested the largest Nelsoni Desert Sheep in the State of Arizona's history!  Buy your tickets and this could be you!

View the full article

I never get tired of looking at anything you post here on cwt Jay. Thanks to Darr for the footage. Now if the hunting gods would just bless me with a sheep tag. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Sign in to follow this