scoutm

First Scouting Trip of 2007

Here's some footage that I took of the smaller 3x3 that was haning around the bigger buck. Still working on finding the best way to film through a spotting scope so forgive me for being a little off.

Chris, wondering what kind of camera you are using? digital? tape? If tape how do you get it to photo bucket. Now that I have my swaro spotting scope I hope to do a lot of digiscoping

Thanks, Mike

for video, I have a panasonic tape camcorder that I use through my Nikon spotting scope. the camera has a 30X optical zoom which is good if animals are close. Scout'm also recently found a doubler that gets attached externally to a camcorder and would make mine 60X. still need to try it out.

I also use a Nikon digital camera that is attached to my Nikon spotting scope. This really is what you need to look into. There is an adaptor you can get for your swaro spotter. I think it allows you to attach most digital cameras. YoungHunter has one and posted a pic of the whole setup. If you get a 2gig card, you should be able to video about 12 minutes. I think you get about 3 minutes per 500K.

To get the tape to photobucket, I use the software that came with my camcorder to download the footage to my computer. than it is just a matter of uploading it to photobucket.

hope I was able to answer your questions. chris.

for video, I have a panasonic tape camcorder that I use through my Nikon spotting scope. the camera has a 30X optical zoom which is good if animals are close. Scout'm also recently found a doubler that gets attached externally to a camcorder and would make mine 60X. still need to try it out.

I also use a Nikon digital camera that is attached to my Nikon spotting scope. This really is what you need to look into. There is an adaptor you can get for your swaro spotter. I think it allows you to attach most digital cameras. YoungHunter has one and posted a pic of the whole setup. If you get a 2gig card, you should be able to video about 12 minutes. I think you get about 3 minutes per 500K.

To get the tape to photobucket, I use the software that came with my camcorder to download the footage to my computer. than it is just a matter of uploading it to photobucket.

hope I was able to answer your questions. chris.

Thanks Chris

Paid for the swaro adapter today and am bidding on the moviebox deal Amanda told me about

I was worried i was going to have to buy a digital video cam too

Mike

we went back and ranged these spots.

the bigger buck was 850 yards away and the smaller buck was 500.

Chris,

Thanks for scouting for me :rolleyes: . Can I help with a little gas money? ;)

RR

RR -

It's my Jeep we are beating up each time we go out so gas money would be appreciated but it would be even better if you could take a chunk of the repair bills.... :lol:

L