Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

Muzzle brakes for shotguns

Sorry for the off coues topic post.

I'm going to transfer my turkey tag to my 11 year old son (KidBowHunter) and he will use a shotgun on the hunt. He shoots a 16 ga, but I'd like to get him into a 12 ga. for the hunt. Has anyone tried the choke tubes with the muzzle break? Do they reduce the recoil by much? 12 ga full recoil might be too much for him.

Thanks guys,

Mark

post-1778-1170278691_thumb.jpg

Hey Mark

my youngest daughter shoot here first turkey at 10 or11 with a browing hump back 12 guage and she is pretty small. I did not let her shot it before the hunt, just the 410. I let her know that I did not like the pattern so she should use the 12. Yes it did knock her of the rock she was sitting on in the blind but with the excitment she did not care and is not affraid of it. My point is I feel he will be fine with the 12

Mike

post-1778-1170278744_thumb.jpg

Boy! I'm thinkin' that she is just lovin' ol' Dad to Death for posting that one!!!! LOL! You should know that teenagers hate us for that stuff, Mike!! Great pic! Thanks for letting me know where to find it!

G

just let him shoot the 16 guage, it will kill a turkey fine. there is no need to even have him shoot a 12.

I agree with you Casey If the 16 has a good tight pattern.

Mark I would take both guns out with a good turkey load and some sheets of cardboard and see what kind of pattern they have and make a choice after that.

If the 12 is a auto loader and he doesn't have his shoulder against a tree he should be fine.

Good luck and glad to see you pass that tag down

Mike