I was thinking about getting a trail camera, but i was wondering it the flash of the camera spooks the animals. I don't want to set one up on a trail or scrape and have the flash spook them. Then the next time they come by maybe they are more cautious about coming by. Maybe this subject has already been covered, I might have missed it somewhere. Any info or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

I do not see evidence it spooks most game. I have several occasions where the deer is looking right at the camera, hears it and or see's the flash and comes up to check it out. they sometimes blow through half a roll of film till they move off. Never seen a coues with tail up in the photos either! Personally, I think the noise is more likely to spook them so I muffle it as good as possible.

I have a few photos where the flash has spooked the deer. But the same deer will come right back and get its picture taken again. The truth is that not many coues deer come into water at night and that's where most of my cameras are set up. They will come into salt at night a little more often.

Thanks for your replies. I've got a camera ordered so I'll have to play with it and see how it works. Thanks again.

Brian