Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyDesert

Zeiss conquest HD

I am curious if anyone has any experience with these in the field? I checked these out in 10x42 at cabelas and really like the feel of them. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on these, but a couple things have me weary. Number one, I have never owned anything Zeiss and was reading some stories about repairs taking a long time in some cases. Number two, I don't like the fact that there is no threaded insert for a tripod mount. Other than that, they seem to be a solid product, although it's hard to tell without having them in the field. I also have the opportunity to buy a pair of used Sworo slc that are a few years old, but I like the idea of buying new. Thanks in advance.

The used swaros are better than the new Zeiss. You can use any tripod adapter you want, fast turn around if you send them in for repairs, and unmatched clarity. HD is just a sales gimic that all makes use to make people pay more money that is only simply just a different design. For example the new swaro HD SLC aren't a lick more clearer than my neu's. Anyway, just my .02. Although my buddy just picked up the new Zeiss 56's and they are really sweet glass.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. That's exactly what I was looking for. The Zeiss are really nice, but I still have a little voice that keeps telling me that the Swaros are still superior. I guess I'll have to check them out. I have a lot of experience with The El, but have never looked thru Slc binos. The friend I know that is selling them offered to let me take them out one weekend, so I probably shouldn't pass it up.

I have a pair of the SLC 10x42's that I absolutely love. I carry them around my neck and have been using them on a tripod as well. That being said, I always knew I was giving up something by not having a good pair of 15's. I just purchased the Conquest 15x56 hd's for this season and am so glad I did. I personally could not really tell a difference between them and the new Swaro's. For the money, the conquest hd's are really impressive!

• Like 2