AZCOU3SHUNTER

New to predator calling

Hello I'm new to predator calling and I want to get better at it and was wonder in tips and tricks to do. I have some rabbit calls and I am in the process of getting a fox pro. Also i live in ahwatukee (east valley) and was wondering where is a good area that's close by not asking for personal spots just general locations. Any knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tj

Try any drainages a 1/2 mile away from dirt roads. Be careful on that metro boundry and any other land issues down there. Look at the AZGFD website and the county website so you know who owns the land and if you can hunt it. Had to drive through a lot of desert before I was in a legal area when I was in school down there. This time of year it is more difficult so don't give up and just try to learn from stands that work. You will have best luck the first 30 minutes of legal shooting hours when it is hot out. Try to avoid being overly repetive in your sounds. You may want to go out and locate some packs a day or 2 before trying an area. You can use certian coyote vocals late evening and at night to find packs. Walk a 1/4 mile and do just one quick locator call. If you hear something just notate it and slowly walk back to your truck. You are just scouting and don't want to educate them. Make sure it is very obvious that you are not hunting when you do this since most areas are closed to night hunting. Also make sure that you are not putting yourself at risk for a run in with crimals trafficing drugs. Many times just being outside late at night or early morning will help you get an idea of some coyote hotspots. Scouting for sign is also highly effective in areas with quiet coyotes or when hunting other predators.

When walking to and from your stands, you really can't look behind you often enough.

post-11051-0-60937500-1410626683_thumb.jpg