Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

H.S. Precision

think im gonna buy a new rifle, it's a Remington model 700 Sendero with an H.S. Precision stock and barrel shooting a .264 winchester mag... anyone ever had any experience with H.S. Precision products? thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated....

I just had one in my hand an hour ago. There action is modeled after a remington. I do not think the remington would even come close to the HS as far as smoothness is concerned. I was looking at the 3 shot group card they send with the rifle and they were all touching each other. The rifle was a 300 WSM and had a 24 inch barrel. It felt well balanced and looked to be well built. I know they bed and float their rifles very well.

The HS stock has the aluminum bedding block. If you do get the Sendero, you might skim bed the action in the block to get a better fit/uniform contact.

To me, the stock wrist is slightly too large. You may have larger hands and find it fine. It's a whole lot better stock than the injection molded stocks.

The Senderos are generally better shooters than the average Remington.

RR

My old man has 2 HS rifles (270 short and 300 short) and he likes them. I don't think they are quite as accurate as advertised, but that's splitting hairs as he's done plenty well with them; i don't think he's ever missed with them! Their stocks are nothing spectacular in my opinion, although they do have alot of options. I recently bought a Christiansen Arms rifle with an MPI thumbhole and he now wants one if that tells you anything. I also have a Sendero and it's a laser. One of my favorite rifles.

think im gonna buy a new rifle, it's a Remington model 700 Sendero with an H.S. Precision stock and barrel shooting a .264 winchester mag... anyone ever had any experience with H.S. Precision products? thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated....

I have a HS in 300 Wthby. It is a very solid gun and shoots great. Accuracy for me has been as advertised. I agree with RR's comment regarding the stock, but still a very nice gun.