Sign in to follow this  
elkiny

Unit 23 mule deer advice

Hello team, my dad drew a unit 23 mule deer hunt and we were looking for some advice on where to hunt. We have been to this unit before and hunted outside of Young and over by the rim south of the 260 by the creeks...anyone else hunted this area before, any suggestions on some new areas to try?

elkiny

• Like 1

Read Game and Fish Where to hunt .... gives you about all the same info you will ever get from a forum and is always the best place to start....

Good luck !

Good boots, good pack best advice for that unit. Get away from the road. I think there is like 800 tags for your hunt most will be on the roads. Good luck and shoot straight.

• Like 1

Elkiny, I had a whitetail tag in 23 the year before last. Didn't see any Muledeer up by the rim. Three other hunters and I were on that dead end road (can't remember the name) off the 260 just past the campgrounds, that heads south and then back west a few miles along a ridge. Met three other hunters in there, few WT does, 1 WT buck...too many elk. No Mule deer. Saw some Mule Deer Does around young. If I drew a tag in that area again I would backpack into the Sierra Anchas Wilderness on the East Side of the road to get away from the people There has to be some Monsters flirting with the National Forest and the Rez. But if you had luck up between Young and the Rim than maybe try that area again.

Love that Unit for the size of public land.

• Like 1