Sign in to follow this  
Codywhi

trail pics

i got a couple pics of a water hole i plan to hunt. . i was wondering if u guys had any hints about placing the cameras around tanks like this one. i had it facing the take for about a month now and i never got a pic i could see sign at the water hole so i new they where coming in. so i moved my camera face one of the trails and i got some but now it leaves all the other trails out just wondering if u guys new any tricks to this or should just by a better game cmaera. thanks

post-892-1173724386.jpg

post-892-1173724472.jpg

post-892-1173724533.jpg

post-892-1173724613.jpg

Try throwing a salt block down in front of the camera to get the deer to stop in front of it. The warmer it is, the harder it gets for the cam to "see" the deer, so the longer they are in front of it the better chance you have of getting a pic.

its about 10 ft off and its in the bottom of a canyon so this is the only really good tree close by. im gonna get me some salt for sure thanks for the tips keep them coming.

It depends on the camera you have . But I think 10 feet is to close the PIR on the camera only has about 6 feet of coverage area at that distances move it back to 20 feet and you will have about 18 feet of coverage area . this will give the camera more time to take a pic . The salt is a good idea but you have the water to stop the animal already .

In areas where I dont have a tree I drive a fence post in where its needed so i get the angle I need . The only problem with this is it's easy for someone to see . Nock on wood I've been lucky so far and have had no cameras missing