Sign in to follow this  
natedogthehunter

My early November hunt

This year started out good with me and my bother both getting drawn for hunts. Mine was in 34a and my brothers will be in 32 In a couple weeks. My hunt started out with me set up by myself on a big ole hill. I would like to say I glassed something up right away, but that was not the case after flashing for close to an hour I spotted a lone buck moving fast. Moving in for the shot I could not find him and upon getting back in the binos I saw that he took off done the hill into a ravine to never be seen again. That day I glassed up 12 total deer. That evening my cousin shot a real nice 98 inch buck at 600 yards. Saturday I went out again and saw only six this time the wind was a howling. Hiking back to the quad I came across a Mohave rattler and the 270 dispatched it with much ease. I had to go home later that day so I could get some stuff done. I was able to get back out on Tuesday for a quick morning hunt due to a doctors appointment latter that day. My uncle and I got out there before light and glasses for several hours before finding the buck I shot. It was a steep downhill shot at 350 yards and once again the 270 did its job. My buck was a wide 2 point with an inside spread of 14 inches.

Way to get back out there and get it done congrats