Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Results are up

Well I learn something new everyday. I thought I knew how the draw worked but I obviously didn't know. :unsure: In talking with G&F today I found out there are multiple draws. This part I knew but what I didn't know was for those who were drawn in the first draw they only look at the first choices. For those drawn in the second draw only the second choices are looked at. The first choice means nothing in the second draw. It's not even looked at. And so on with the other draws, third draw-third choice etc.

I did not think to ask about what happens when a person drawn for a draw had a choice where all the tags were already taken. Do they then go to the next choice? All these years this is how I thought the draw worked. If you were drawn they looked at your first choice. If those were all taken then they looked at your next choice and on and on up to your third choice.

Your suggestions above about putting your first and second choices the same sure makes a lot of sense now that I know how it works. Thanks for the suggestion.

This part I knew but what I didn't know was for those who were drawn in the first draw they only look at the first choices. For those drawn in the second draw only the second choices are looked at. The first choice means nothing in the second draw. It's not even looked at. And so on with the other draws, third draw-third choice etc.

This is not correct. You misunderstood them. There is a link on the AZGFD page that explains it.

The first draw is the bonus pass, which looks at your first AND second choices. 20% of the tags are reserved for this pass to give those with the most points a guaranteed tag. What happened to you was you did not have enough bonus points to get one of the 20% tags for your first choice, but you did for your second choice. When you look at the tag number you drew, I guaranty that the number will be in the first 20% of tags issued.

The next draw looks at only first and second choices, but does not have any sort of priority for total number of bonus points. But, unlike what you described above, the look at BOTH choices.

The final draw is for the third through fifth choices. Again, they look at ALL choices, not just the third, or the fourth, and then the fifth...it's ALL of them.

• Like 1

Thank you. I guess I didn't learn a thing in talking with the lady from G&F. I repeated what I understood back to her for verification and she verified my understanding. I will definitely look at the AZGFD page. My apologies to all for my misunderstanding.