Sign in to follow this  
olmos1010

horn buyers

I was wondering if you have like a full rack still attached together do you have to seperate them or will the antler buyers buy them still together.??

Probably worth more like it is. People buy them to hang in bars, cabins, etc. you cut the horns off you will get $8 a pound approx. So how much would they weigh?

I buy a lot of antlers. If you have a full skull that is boiled and cleaned and antlers still attached it is worth more (More than just the poundage of antler alone you would normally get) However if you have a full skull that is rotting/fleshy and smelly most antler buyers will just chop off the antlers anyway (Unless it's a monster 370ish or higher maybe worth having cleaned). Same thing with skull plate... I usually just chop'm and sell off the antlers only. It's not worth my time/money to have a skull cleaned. Most of the antlers go to the end market Chinese/pets market/etc.. where they are consumed so skull does no good there. But there are some buyers out there looking for a big bull with full skull to hang in their cabin or cave.

• Like 1