ricodabears

Remington AR-15 scope

I am trying to decide on a scope for the Remington R-15 I just bought. I will be using it as my Varmint rifle. I think I have it narrowed down to 3. Any opinions on this would be appreciated.

Nikon Monarch 3 2-8x32 w/BDC

Nikon Monarch 3 2.5-10x42 w/BDC

Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 w/BDC

Up to 500 yards is easily doable with a 9X, but even better with a 12X max magnification. We were recently shooting steel to 850 yards with the .223s, and 12X was plenty to get there.

Any of those scopes would suit you well. I would go with a 2.5-10 or even a 3-12 if it were me. But I know how I like to shoot LR, so I might be a little biased. 3X is plenty low for shooting close or fast moving targets.

Rico, One more Nikon for you to chaeck out is the M-223 3-12x42 BDC 600 or Rapid Action Turret like I have here in the below pic.

The 3-12 is one of my favorite magnification ranges. You are still able to get up close as well as reach out as needed. I have used the below set-up to hit 4 inch jars of tannerite at 600 yards and watched guy's brand new to the BDC reticle do the exact same. All that is accomplished because of Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. It let's you dial in your shooting data to the rifle and scope. Very easy to use and accurate. The M-223 is built with Nikon's MONARCH glass so you know it is the best.

Drop me a note if you have any question's and take a look at some of CW's Sponsor's to see if any can help you out.

M-2233-12RAT.jpg