COUESAZ

Sway control

OK who here uses a reese dual cam sway control and weight dist hitch. I got one with my trailer and need help figuring it out. I have it all put on the trailer the right way but need help to adjust it right. And the actual head part of the hitch on the truck is brand new and i do not know how it all goes either. I may take it to cliffs welding and see if they can show me how it goes.

Az Guide,

I own a rv parts and service center in Payson

I can answer any Questions you have, Just PM me

Cliffs can also help, I used to work for them

Mike

Mike I am going to store my trailer up in forest lakes for the summer, I am planning on having you do the recall repair on my Dometic fridge while we have it up that way. The trailer i have is a R-vision trail lite. I like it alot so far. The only thing i do not like is that i can not run the fridge off of battery while traveling.

I am assuming you can not run the fridge on 12 volt because it is a 2 way fridge,

(LP - 110 volt). The fridge can be run on LP while traveling, The flame is in a box that keeps it from blowing out. It is recomended to shut off all ignition sources while fueling the truck.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Tip to all:

If you will be pluging your RV into a generator while camping

turn the fridge to LP use. When you start the gen. the fridge will switch to electric

and then back to LP when the gen is shut off. This switching back and forth is hard

on the controll board and they cost about $100.00

I have a Honda ex650 gen right now. I am going to buy a newer gen for my trailer. The 650 worked great for the tent trailers. I am looking at the honda 2000 or the yamaha 2400. My neighbor has the Kipor and it seems nice but i hear they are hard to have repair work done on them. I do not care to run my AC with the gen so even the honda 1000 might would work just fine for me.

Yes my fridge is just a two way.I was not sure how safe it was to travle with the gas fridge running but if it is safe i will run it like that after i get the recall fixed on it.

I travel with the fridge on all the time and have had no problems. The sway bars will clip into the hitch, they should slide up and into. Tthen the chains will connect to the trailer tongue on the mounts. It should be like a lever just dont put to much preload and the bars this will make the trailer squirly. Be carefull those bars have a lot of power you want to have the front jack down on the ground to relieve the tension. hope this helps.