Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Kudos to Leupold Customer Service!

I bought a Leupold RX-1000i TBR rangefinder a couple years ago, and within six months the bottom LCD segments of the readout started to fade. I continued to use it because it wasn't that bad. This last hunt season it got worse. I had to cover the lens to see the yardage readout. I contacted Leupold to get return info and the CS guy made the statement that "they would most likely send me a new one free of charge because they want to keep their customers happy". I hung up the phone thinking, yeah right...we'll see. Well, around three weeks after sending it in, I get a brand new RX-1200i TBR! The display is excellent and works great.

Thank you Leupold!!!

• Like 1

I had an almost identical experience. I have a RX 600 rangefinder that I had for about three years before the lcd numbers began to fade and make the yardage unreadable. I called Leupold and they said to send it to them and they would look at it. I asked how much it would cost, since the 1 year warranty was long expired, and they told me there would be no charge even being out of warranty. I mailed it in and two weeks later received a brand new updated version of the RX600! Customer service has become one of my most important factors anymore when buying gear. For anything optics related, I only buy from Leopold or Vortex.

• Like 1