Sign in to follow this  
KaibabHunter

How to DIY Ranger Lift Kit

So after 2 bent control arms front and rear I started looking into lift kits for my 07 Polaris Ranger 700 XP. In my research I learned that the kits can cause suspension problems with potential break downs.

There is a DIY way to give your rear suspension about 1.5" more clearance simply by changing the top inside rear shock mount to to the outside rear shock mount. Apparently this is beneficial for those that carry heavier loads like hunters and dead animals and will help with bottoming out on rocks.

It supposed to make the ride stiffer but u can play with the shock notches for more/less tension. Maybe this is common knowledge but it's something I just learned and did myself in about 20 mins for free. Seems to ride pretty nice. Not sure if newer models come with the optional shock mount location but it's a really easy fix if your having clearance issues.

Ryan

I have a 2010 and yes it does. Had the same thought. Just cranked the shocks up and haven't moved the shocks over yet. I got 27" tires on it and they don't rub one bit no matter how much u tweak them. Still rides nice too.

We have a 2013 crew and did the same. Changed the shock position on front and back and then take them all the way up. Gave us about 2.5 more inches and to me it seems to ride a little better

Mine doesn't apper to have a mount option for the front, only the rear. I called a dealership and they confirmed. They'd said a lift kit is the only way to raise the front.

I would hesitate on a lift. As it changes the angle of your prop shafts and tends to wear our a lot faster. I just don't like having to manually variables for failure when we are miles from home

im about to do the same to my Teryx....Gonna do a 2.5 inch lift cause I'm bottomoing out when i have 4 adults in there on rocks that are only like 10 inches tall.....

Mine doesn't apper to have a mount option for the front, only the rear. I called a dealership and they confirmed. They'd said a lift kit is the only way to raise the front.

Do you have the adjustable shocks in the front and back. If you crank those down alone it raises it a bit.

• Like 1