Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Public School Funding Alert

I can't hold off on this non-hunting related topic.

Just a quick info blurb.........your local public school is probably in the middle of a huge budget crunch.

Example: Snowflake School District 5 years ago was working under a capital budget of approximately 1 million.

We were given word that our budget for next year is $100,000.00

This falls under what they call Capital money and is what schools use to provide bus services, maintenance, paper and supplies to name just a few things.

Blue Ridge school district was only given a $90,000.00 Capital budget.

Most Arizona public schools have been getting stripped of money for the last 10 years and we as a state are dead last in the country for amount spent per student.

On the flip side, charter schools are getting huge amounts of state money dumped into their programs. Charter schools do not have to work under the same restrictions that public schools do.

*One interesting note, there is a high percentage of legislators/politicians in our state that have personal money ties to charter schools. Example right here in Snowflake, Sylvia Allen and the charter school that popped up here in Snowflake last year.

I am OK with charter schools as long as everybody is playing by the same rules and I really don't care which side of the fence you sit on charter/public but be involved with the education system and help get our state back on track.

If you don't like the way you were educated then step up and make a difference.

Our educational system is broke and it needs help from all of us to make the changes necessary to give our kids the education they need.

same out is surprise, az...

its a joke. for grade school, next year will be no music, library, sports, etc...

How the heck do you get rid of the librarian...istnt that whats schools about

• Like 1