Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Spot Hogg wise guy release ?

So I bought a new release as listed above

Love the break and adjustability. Shot a demo at ross with no issue

Got home and shot the new one and had three arrows release prior to my finger getting on the trigger

Messed with the length and weight of release and think I got it dialed in. I do like it but those misfires freaked me out. It was like I maybe only bumped the release coming from behind the trigger to up and over so I could get ready to shoot.

Has anyone had any malfunctions or was the total rookie pilot error

Nervous about shooting with gloves where I don't feel that trigger as well

I own this release and love it when I first got it mine did the same thing the problem was that the trigger adjustment was set too low. I played with it to my liking and never had a problem with it since. I'm sure if you don't feel comfortable with the release I would take it back because I know the boys at Ross will take care of you.

Be sure the tension is not set to low, it is extremely important to keep it above a stiff breeze weight.

I have 4 of them and have yet to have any problem other than a bad spring and lost my firstone when the screw came out from the strap. So blue locktite that thing.

It must have been me.

So to increase trigger weight do you back the screw out or turn in. I think it's turning it out

Thx

Thats what I shoot and really like it. I have never adjusted anything but the length. You definitely don't want to get your finger over the top of that trigger until your ready for it.