Sign in to follow this  
couesntime

.300 weatherby round recommendations.

Let me start by saying that I have been an avid archery hunter through my hunting life. I have a .300 weatherby that I would like to get shooting well around the 400-600 yard arena. I have spent some time getting the action and barrel bedded, along with floating the barrel and getting the factory trigger down to 2lbs. I'm now trying to figure out what might be a good starting point for bullet type and grain. I drew a late rifle elk tag this year (pretty exciting), but would also like to stick with one load that I could potentially use for deer as we'll.

A little history about the gun would include me shooting no farther than 300 yards with an old Leupold scope and using Remington 180 gr. corelokt ammo. I have recently done some previously mentioned work to the gun as well as mounting a new vortex scope.

So all you knowledgable weatherby rifle guys let me know what has worked for you and or your 2 cents.

Thanks

All other factory loads are pail in comparison to Weatherbys factory ammo, just use heavy for caliber loads. 180 to 200 grain bullets will work best.

• Like 1