Sign in to follow this  
grizzwald)-->

What's your go to single reed mouth call?

I've been trying a few single reed mouth calls and was curious what you guys had to say? So far I like the primos top pin. What's your go to single reed mouth call for calf/cow sounds?

Guest akaspecials

That red primos one. Wish I knew the name. It seems like my friends and I all have different favorite though. I think it may have to do with different folks having different mouth shapes. That's a wild butt guess though.

Not sure it is a single reed call but I use the Primos Sonic Dome, the blue one. I can project with it and when they get in close I can work it with my mouth closed to soften it. The wife and kids hate it from about July on it seems I always have it in my mouth if I have an elk tag that year.

It starts as a primos but then I modify it so much that it resembles nothing that exists...

• Like 2

Yeah I definately like to bend em a little bit to fit, the promos top pin seems to have a thinner latex and it's a little easier to make the really soft sounds... Anyone ever use turkey calls? I have a buddy that uses a Woodhaven and swears by it...

Yeah I definately like to bend em a little bit to fit, the promos top pin seems to have a thinner latex and it's a little easier to make the really soft sounds... Anyone ever use turkey calls? I have a buddy that uses a Woodhaven and swears by it...

I use woodhavens for turkey and absolutely love them. Haven't used them for elk though.