Sign in to follow this  
FOGGER

Looking for a new GPS

Hi everyone,

My GPS is about 12 years old. It has worked great for getting me back to the truck all these years but I am looking to upgrade. I want something I can import all my google earth coordinates "pins" from my computer into the GPS and be able to pull them up. Anyone have anything they recommend that does this this feature?

Thanks!

I like the Garmin 62 series. You can import free maps, game management units, trails, roads etc.

The base camp software and any other number of third party programs can import the Google earth kml files.

• Like 1

I upgraded a few years ago from a Garmin 12XL I had for what seems like decades to a Garmin 60 and was pretty happy with the new one. For one the batteries seem to last forever and it locks onto the satellites very quick, under 10 seconds if I am using it on and off during the day.

I downloaded a free AZ Map but there are better ones out there. I use google earth but I don't know about transferring stuff between the two but I have fat fingered in a few locations. Down side is the size of the screen and that it isn't a touch screen.

• Like 1