Sign in to follow this  
452b264

Gun Control!

I thought those who believe in their second amendment rights would be interested in knowing who is or isn't supporting those rights.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/tim-mcgraw-headlining-event-to-raise-money-for-gun-control-organization/

This topic was posted before....... Do a quick search on "McGraw" here in the forums. All kinds of comments to browse through in the original thread. Like many threads, the comments eventually got way off track of the original intent. ;)

BTW, have you researched anything about Sandy Hook Promise?

S.

:)

• Like 1

No I haven't, I just finished my degree, and have been extremely busy.

You might want to check it out (now that you're finished with your degree.... ^_^ Congrats on that, BTW!!!!! ).

At the risk of getting skewered here, I will say that I have scoured their misson statement and the programs of Sandy Hook Project and I can't find anything that screams or hints at anything to do with 2nd Ammendment rights at all. Seems like their programs are focused on mental health and safety.

I'm not saying that I'm going to run right out and donate to their cause (I have other places I choose to put my charity/donation money.....), but I will say that I don't think it's a bad idea to support the things that they specifically spell out in their programs.

S.

:)

Tom Bittman, a Sandy Hook Promise co-founder, speaks at the January 2013 launch of the organization. In the three months that followed, the group managed to work to create a strong new gun safety law for Connecticut and inspire a bi-partisan gun safety bill in the U.S. Senate. Though the Senate bill was defeated, Sandy Hook Promise has established itself as a force to be reckoned with that's in it for the long haul.

Connecticut prohibits any person from possessing an assault weapon unless the weapon was possessed prior to July 1, 1994, and the possessor:

• Was eligible to apply for a certificate of possession for the assault weapon by July 1, 1994;
  • Lawfully possessed the assault weapon prior to October 1, 1993; and
  • Is not in violation of Connecticut General Statutes §§ 53-202a to 53-202k (assault weapon regulations), and Connecticut General Statutes § 53-202o (affirmative defense in prosecution for possession of specified assault weapon).1
  • Connecticut law requires psychiatric hospitals, without delay, to notify the Commissioner of DMHAS when a person is voluntarily admitted to the hospital for care and treatment of a psychiatric disability, other than admission solely for alcohol or drug treatment.10 The hospital must at least provide the person’s name, address, gender, date of birth, and date of admission. The Commissioner of DMHAS must maintain such identifying information on all voluntary admissions occurring on and after October 1, 2013.11

The above is only a portion of the new laws. If you check yourself into a hospital for depression due to family matters (death, divorce, etc) you are registered, and will be denied the right to purchase a firearm. How long do you believe they will make you wait until you can buy a firearm? Their measure of gun safety is a total and complete ban of all semi auto firearms. They are at this moment pushing for all states to enact similar laws so your assault weapon wont end up in their state and used in a crime. That is what tims money will be used for.