Yes, I think the oil guys are raising prices more than what is reasonable, and the price is painful.

Oil is sold on the open market. It cost what refineries are willing to pay. They bid against each other for the product. There is no oil store where Exxon sells their oil at a fixed rate.

10 years ago China, India, South America, etc were not driving cars and had little to no industrial sector to their economy. Today, these economies are growing at uncontrolled rates (mostly because American companies are being forced overseas by high taxes, stifling environmental regulations, and high priced labor). These new economies need energy and other natural resources. Did you know that steel prices have risen even more that fuel? Same with aluminum. Are the steel companies "out to get us" too? China is buying all the steel that get their hands on. That drives up the price. Know why China is buying? Bridges, roads, factories, etc. When those are complete, they will be demanding even more oil / gas than they are now. Energy prices are not coming down. Todays prices ARE THE GOOD OLE DAYS.

If we had 30% more refining capacity, things would be different.

Get the dang liberal treehuggers to let us build a few.

BTW 3.69 here in Sidney Nebraska, so it really does Hurt when driving anything bigger than a moped.

Bingo. Last week the EPA shut down 3 refineries. 2 more were shut down to make the switch to "summer blend", also a product of ridiculous Gov't over regulation. Where is the gas coming from when 10% of the nations refining capacity is on "summer maintainence"? Our gas consumption is up ~30% in the last 25 years. Our refining capacity is up only 3% and that is from improved refining methods, not more refineries.

The treehumpers think that ethanol is the answer. Well, right now it takes more energy to distill a gal of ethanol than it gives back.

If I were the president of Mexico, I would be building refineries right across the US border. Giving a much needed boost to their economy, actually creating jobs that could lure people INTO their country, and stop the exodus. They have as much or more oil in Mexico than many of the ARAB nations. Yet they don't take advantage of it. They would rather send their people over here to work for $3.00 / hour and risk their lives crossing the desert to get here.

Gas went up $.09 last night in Payson

Tell me it has nothing to do with the holiday weekend

You're right. That is your local retailer bending you (and the rest of us) over the hood.

Gas went up $.09 last night in Payson

Tell me it has nothing to do with the holiday weekend

Darn, I was afraid of that... I'm at 3/4 of a tank and was planning on filling up there on my way up north this evening... Still will stick to that plan, but won't save the couple of bucks I was hoping. Amazing timing!

guys, i didnt post this topic to start a huge debate, just posted it to say ouch! no wonder im so dang broke!

either way, gas can be cheaper, but some peopl are too greedy to give us a break, fact of the matter is they charge what they can get, not what they have to!

I heard on the radio once that a CEO of Chevron was asked if to lower the price of gas across the nation he would give up one months salary.... he said no. he was then asked if he would give up ONE DAYS SALARY and he still said NO!!! now, this guy makes more in one day then most of us make in a entire year! if thats not greed, i dont know what is!

We are greedy in the United States.Other countrys do not drive big ford Excursions and go full blast from stop light to stop light.Which equates to about 8 miles a gallon in the city.We are known as wastefull to other countrys.My Truck is only used for hunting,fishing,and camping.I drive a car that gets 30 on the highway.Unless you drive like 70% of Americans with there foot in the gas peddle.Then I probally would drop 8 miles a gallon.Just my two cents.

Noel

We are greedy in the United States.Other countrys do not drive big ford Excursions and go full blast from stop light to stop light.Which equates to about 8 miles a gallon in the city.We are known as wastefull to other countrys.My Truck is only used for hunting,fishing,and camping.I drive a car that gets 30 on the highway.Unless you drive like 70% of Americans with there foot in the gas peddle.Then I probally would drop 8 miles a gallon.Just my two cents.

Noel

Take a look at those OTHER countries and I am sure you have the seen the emails going around. They( the oil people) build indoor ski resorts, they drive silver plated rolls royces, they build 100 bedroom mansions for their homes with solid gold plumbing fixtures, they make islands in the ocean the shape of palm trees for the other rich oil men to play golf. All while the PEOPLE in their country are starving.

You are sadly mistaken if you do not call these prices GREED.

Whether its the government or the major oil companies its just a shame on what is going on GREED and MONOPOLY is what comes to my mind.

Just my .02

If I were the president of Mexico, I would be building refineries right across the US border. Giving a much needed boost to their economy, actually creating jobs that could lure people INTO their country, and stop the exodus. They have as much or more oil in Mexico than many of the ARAB nations. Yet they don't take advantage of it. They would rather send their people over here to work for $3.00 / hour and risk their lives crossing the desert to get here.

The government bureacracy, known as PEMEX, is so deep in debt, it can't even refine its own gas. :rolleyes: In fact, it ships crude all over to get refined and then brings it back into Mexico for use. Plus, its oil reserves, including the 2nd largest field in the world, are drying up, which translates to a cutback in crude exported to the US. Now, there might be lots of other places in Mexico with huge reserves, BUT...PEMEX can't afford to look for them and refuses to allow private companies to do it either. -TONY

I am not talking about the wealthy people who own the oil companys.I am talking about the regular people like us.We do waste gas in America.And like somebody else said we use 25% of the oil in the world.It is called supply and demand.I do not like paying these high prices any more then you do.My point was that we could do a lot better job of wasting gas.Which maybe if the demand went down the price might follow.

Noel