Sign in to follow this  
fdh88

Question about women's hunting apparel

Just a question for any ladies out there about hunting gloves. I have an antlerless tag for December and I'm looking for gloves that will allow me to shoot but I'm having a hard time finding gloves that are not too thick. My hands are pretty small, so men's gloves are not an option. I would appreciate any input.

Just a question for any ladies out there about hunting gloves. I have an antlerless tag for December and I'm looking for gloves that will allow me to shoot but I'm having a hard time finding gloves that are not too thick. My hands are pretty small, so men's gloves are not an option. I would appreciate any input.

try youth

James

My girlfriend and I both bought the coldweather mitten kind, the type you can pull back the finger covers so you can use a rifle trigger or a bow release. kept our hands warm in a Wisconsin hunt and we were still able to easily get the shots off. Hard to shoot well with any type of covering over your fingers that block the feel.

My 12 year old daughter has a couple pairs of good gloves/mittens that we bought for her elk hunt last year. Try Cabela's in the women and/or youth sections. Quite a few choices.

I would suggest two heavies and at least two pair of medium weight sets. You never know what kind of weather you are going to have up north. Could be 65° & sunny one day, and 20° with sleet/snow the next. Wet, cold hands suck.

I have decided after years of wet gloves to switch to flip open mitten made of neoprene. So far so good. I'd buy youth flip open gloves/mittens. My best advice is to practice shooting with whatever glove you pick. I missed an elk once because the tip of my glove hit my trigger before I was ready to shoot. For archery I'm almost always gloveless on my right hand and tuck my hand into my jacket sleeve to stay warm.