Flatlander

Hunting w/ Epi-Pen

I have always wanted to get one but haven't found a Doc willing to prescribe it. I explained I enjoy hiking into the wilderness far from any type of services but no luck. I have never had any type of allergies so they considered me low risk. I really want to get one from my wife though as she has never been stung so we don't know how it would play out. That being said, I always keep a first aid kit as well as a small bag full of Advil, Benadryl, Sudafed, Tums, Nasal Spray, Pepto and Immodium. Still planning to work out a way to get an Epi Pen just in case though.

I have always wanted to get one but haven't found a Doc willing to prescribe it. I explained I enjoy hiking into the wilderness far from any type of services but no luck. I have never had any type of allergies so they considered me low risk. I really want to get one from my wife though as she has never been stung so we don't know how it would play out. That being said, I always keep a first aid kit as well as a small bag full of Advil, Benadryl, Sudafed, Tums, Nasal Spray, Pepto and Immodium. Still planning to work out a way to get an Epi Pen just in case though.

You'll have to figure out a way every year. They expire about every 18 mos and by the time they sit on the shelf in the pharmacy it's hard to find one with more than a year of shelf life.

Got my double pack yesterday and started packing today. Have an appointment with the allergist next week to get a consultation. I have a feeling this is going to cost me a fortune to figure out.

Thanks Obama.